Thursday 27 October 2016

My Inspiration for Writing Fiction





I started writing and publishing my books in the year 2013.
I wrote seven memoirs and two books of short stories, which were fiction. I tried my hand at Fiction because of something that my brother said to me in one of his letters prior to his death.
He wrote in reference to my book, ‘A Life Worth Living,”

“Your book makes very pleasant reading, and your literary expression is superb and easy to follow. You have an excellent talent, and I think you should follow up on a leisurely basis with perhaps publishing a book of short stories. With fiction, you will have greater opportunity to use your imagination and your undoubted descriptive ability. You used the word “fantasize” to create a situation. This is an outstanding quality, which you should continue to use because it is imagination, which disposes of everything, coming from within. It creates beauty, justice, and happiness, which are everything in this world.”

I took my brother’s advice in the year 2014 and wrote, ‘Heart-Warming Tales,’ and ‘Stories People Love.’ Both books got five-star reviews from a few people but I still felt that I needed to write some more exciting stories.

In 2015, I stopped writing altogether. I was even thinking of giving up writing completely. However, in January 2016, one of my Facebook Author friends invited me to an event. I had lots of fun with other authors at that event. The next day an author messaged me and asked me about my books, and what was I writing at that time. I told him that I had stopped writing and did not intend to write anymore. He told me that I should not stop writing and maybe I just had writer’s block. He was very encouraging, and that night I thought it over.
The next day an idea came to me after reading the newspapers about the spread of the zika virus. That was the day the Zeeka science fiction series were born.


Writing those books is no indication of my insensitivity to people who contracted or may contract that disease. My works are pure fiction in a world that does not exist.
There is a bit of romance in the stories, but nothing steamy.

In May 2016, I combined the first three books in the series,
Zeeka and the Zombies [ Feb 2016], Zeeka’s Child [ March 2016], and Zeeka Returns [April 2016] into one book, Revenge of Zeeka: Horror Trilogy.


Revenge of Zeeka;Horror Trilogy received a five-star review and five-star seal from Readers Favorite International in September 2016.
That gave me more encouragement to keep on writing fiction.

The fourth book, Zeeka’s Ghost was released on 9th October 2016 and has received two five-star reviews to date.

All five books were published in the year 2016.
The books are not long and are quick reads. I am working on the 5th book in the series at the moment, but I have not yet named it.
All books are available at Amazon
Revenge of Zeeka: Zeeka and the Zombies is PermaFree on Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Apple, Page Foundry, Scribd, and 24 Symbols.
Check these links out- AMAZON BARNES AND NOBLES

No comments:

Post a Comment