Friday 17 February 2017

HEART - WARMING TALES: Tales of Crime, Love, Unhappy Marriages, and Dead Business

I was pleasantly surprised this morning to receive this five-star review for my book Heart-Warming Tales.
First of all here is the Book Description:
Heart - Warming Tales consists of four unusual and enjoyable tales of Comedy, Crime, Love, Infidelity, Unhappy Marriages, and Dead Business, all in one book.
"The Psychiatrist and the Thief," is a short comedy- mystery.
"Her Online Predator" is an exciting mystery - thriller /romance. It is a must read especially for young people who like to make friends on the Internet..That friend you make may not be whom he/she claims to be.
"A Marriage on the Rocks," is about a young couple in an unhappy marriage. Did their marriage survive?
"The Undertaker's wife" is about a suspicious wife who doubted her husband.


REVIEW
Entertaining: a book to keep and reread
BySarah Stuart on February 17, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
I have read My Life as a Banker and enjoyed it, but it is a memoir and I always felt Brenda Mohammed was holding something back, though it is a fascinating book, beautifully written. In these stories, Ms. Mohammed retains her style but, free of the restriction of non-fiction, her sense of humour shines through. I particularly liked The Undertaker's Wife. It is only later, drawn back to read them again, I realised the importance of the messages, and warnings, which underpin them. I shall be reading more by this author.
Entertaining: a book to keep and reread.

There are other five-star reviews which I received for this book, but this one stirred up my memory ar to why I wrote the stories.
The reviewer states that she particularly liked The Undertaker's Wife.
When I worked at the bank as a Commercial Area Credit Manager, one of my customers was a funeral undertaker.
He wanted to build a crematorium. It was the first crematorium to be built in Trinidad. He wanted finance to do so and I was required to submit a proposal to my Head Office. As I did for all my clients who needed finance, I visited his funeral home and took a tour of it. It was a memorable visit. I never forget the details and I recorded that visit in my memory hoping to write a story about it one day.

THe book is available at Amazon Universal Link

No comments:

Post a Comment