Thursday 6 February 2020

LUCKY TO BE ALIVE - AN INSIGHTFUL REVIEW


I was amazed to see this wonderful review of my poem appear on my Facebook Page and I thank the Reviewer Malaya Kumar Jati of India.

My Critical Review Of a poem by celebrated poetess Brenda Mohammed

Adorable poetess Brenda Mohammedji,

Your exquisite narrative poem titled
LUCKY TO BE ALIVE spells out the summum bonum of your indomitable spirit to live that crowned you with success in the various fierce battles of life that came in the way of your life's flow in multiple predicaments.All such impediments as if made you trapped in a spider maze of hazards. Yet the poetess came out of all the horrible inconveniences by virtue of a deep longing for living which is incredibly amazing and of a rare sort. Our life is an endless battle with hazardous twists and turns. Each moment we pass through a tunnel seeking light. The ones who grow panic-stricken in the bivouac of life are sure to be defeated groping in the darkness of cowardice. The warriors of such a kind die many times before their death. These hare-hearted beings are easily overcome by fear and surrender to the odds of life before facing them. But the iron-willed ones like the poetess who keep on fighting till there's the last drop of blood in their body. Here in this poem, the poetess is proved lucky in most of her battles even though they were gruesome and life-threatening in all aspects. It's really a fact that fortune favours the brave but not the pigeon-hearted fellows who fly away from the struggles to snuggle without being a part of the war. They are often seen waging war against their spirit and thereby fail to corroborate faith in them to fight the challenges of life ignoring any uncertain and unexpected obstacles coming in the way.

Kudos to you dear honourable poetess for composing such a magnificent poem to enlighten your readers to have firm faith in them in all the circumstances of life whether they are pleasant or unpleasant, mild or major and no matter how herculean the task of life maybe they are to stand with anchoring confidence to win by dint of their matchless prowess, nonpareil determination, and incomparable perseverance.

Copyright @Malaya Kumar Jati
All Rights Reserved 3rd Feb 2020

LUCKY TO BE ALIVE

Each morning I wake up I feel lucky to be alive,
A heart beating inside me and I have two eyes.
My legs can move and I can use my hands.
Most of all my brain is ticking and I feel grand.

Life is beautiful although filled with challenges.
It is everyone’s desire for peace and happiness.
When tested and tried we survive the worst.
Find the courage to go on and pursue our goals.

When I was eight years old I almost drowned,
But my father saw my long hair floating around.
He grabbed me in time and took me ashore.
Saved by my loving father whom I adore.

I was nine and needed emergency surgery.
My parents stayed all night to ensure my safety.
I had acute appendicitis and was at death’s dark door.
A shining light in a tunnel guided me home once more.

Later in my life when a deadly illness struck,
My family’s support was my mighty rock.
I survived and lived to tell my story,
Of God’s love and his wondrous glory.

As if that was not enough a car accident I survived.
The airbag burnt my right hand but I came out alive.
My lips were badly swollen like Miss Piggy.
I’ m healed and here to tell it all in the form of Poetry.

Copyright@BrendaMohammed


More details of these events can be found in my Autobiography MY LIFE AS A BANKER: A LIFE WORTH LIVING available on AMAZON WORLDWIDE. CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment