Sunday 3 August 2014

A Most Embarassing Moment in my Life





The following is an extract from my book "My Life as a Banker - A life Worth Living"

It was one of the most embarrassing moments in my life.
The incident happened after a most wonderful vacation in Orlando.


"We then went to Miami where we spent a few days in a hotel so that we could do some shopping. On the day we were about to return home we were awakened at four o’clock in the morning by the loud ringing of the fire alarm. We heard other hotel guests shouting, “Fire! Fire!’ We jumped off our beds and started panicking. I grabbed all of our passports and tickets and left everything else in the room. We ran out the room and followed some other guests down the fire escape. When we finally got to the bottom of the stairs we saw everyone staring at us. They said it was a false alarm but they still kept staring at us. I suddenly realized that I was in a long see-through night-gown with all the passports and tickets in my hand. My husband was in his short pants and my sister and the children were in their night clothes too. My daughter who was just five years old was hiding behind me and she said that she saw everyone staring at us through my night-gown. We rushed back to our rooms in embarrassment, and although it was rather early we got dressed immediately and went to the airport to await our flight back home."

Read about it in my book.


Brenda;s Books

No comments:

Post a Comment